Is It Time To Replace The Furnace?
Have you ever woke up freezing on a cold winter’s night? Are you noticing that the heat in your home is not keeping up with your thermostat? No one wants to be inconvenienced in the event the furnace breaks down on a cold winter day. Many times minor furnace issues can be repaired but if your unit is at the end of it’s life expectancy yo may want to consider a new furnace. Here are a few helpful signs that your furnace could be taking its last breath:
5 Ways To Tell You Need A New Furnace:
- Age of the Furnace: The average life expectancy for a household furnace runs from 12 to 15 years. In order to get the maximum years out of your furnace it is recommended that you maintain it year-round. Regardless, of the age if your furnace you may need a replacement sooner than you think if not properly maintained.
- Rising Energy Costs: Have you been trying to figure out why your energy bills are increasing year after year? If you have corrected the basic issues like sealing air leaks, maintenance on your HVAC system, and using your thermostat wisely, the culprit could be your furnace. Older units consume more energy than newer, and as they age, the consumption worsens.
- Frequent Repairs: Once a furnace starts to get close to it’s “end-of-life”, it may start breaking down frequently which can lead to costly repairs. A new furnace comes with a manufacturer warranty, which means significant repairs are often covered, and you will not have the same repair issues year-after-year.
- Temperatures Variation: Does the temperature in your home seem to fluctuate even though the thermostat reads the same temperature? Most likely your furnace is struggling to push air efficiently through your home.
- Very Loud: Newer furnaces are quieter then most older heating units. In fact, if you hear rattling, humming, popping, or squealing, your furnace is telling you that it is time to retire.
If you are in need of any type of residential heating services including a furnace installation, contact the experts at Royal Air Heating & Air Conditioning today. You can also learn more about furnace installations and HVAC services by calling us at 732-409-3322 today.