Halloween & Fall Season Safety Tips
Royal Air Heating & Air Conditioning put together a few useful tips for preventing fires, carbon monoxide poisoning, and other accidents so that you can be sure your family is safe this Fall season.
- Test Your Fire, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Go through the house and test all of your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. Be sure you have units installed on every level of your home, ideally one inside every room and outside of sleeping areas. It may be a good idea to change all of the batteries as many people do this right around daylight savings so that they remember each year.
- Heating Inspection: Before you kick on the furnace, call Royal Air Heating & Air Conditioning to inspect and test your home’s furnace. This ensures everything is safe and that you have no potential carbon monoxide leaks to worry about.
- Candle Safety: If you need the flickering ambiance of a real candle, use them properly. Do not place them near flammable items, keep them on a cleared, high counter, and blow them out before going to bed.
- Safely Store Costumes: When it’s time to put away the Halloween costumes, avoid placing them in a utility closet next to your furnace or other gas-powered objects. Many Halloween costumes do not have the same flame retardant materials as regular clothing.
- Décor Safety: Don’t forget to read the instructions that come along with your Halloween decorations – especially electrical and outdoor decorations. Avoid using any flammable decorations and if you do, keep them away from heat sources.
Have a fun, festive, and warm Halloween by having your home’s furnace or heat pump maintained for the season. Royal Air Heating & Air Conditioning offers seasonal maintenance and tune-ups to inspect, clean, and prepare your heating system for winter.