Common AC Issues & Repairs
It is not uncommon for your air conditioner to eventually stop generating cool air or stop blowing any type of air at some point during it’s life span. By being familiar with some common issues and repairs performed on air conditioners, you may have a better idea of what might be wrong and how to proceed with the fix. Many times it is best to contact your local HVAC professional.
Some common problems and repairs that we see often are:
- Wiring Issues – Faulty wiring or incorrectly installed wiring is not only a fire hazard, but may create a short circuit in your unit or trip the circuit breaker.
- Thermostats – Thermostats are meant to communicate with your HVAC system. Therefore, faulty wiring, a tripped breaker, or broken thermostat might cause your air conditioner to no longer turn on or off when it should.
- Refrigerant Levels – If your unit stops blowing cool air your refrigerant level may be low. Low refrigerant levels are often the result of a tiny leak in the line.
- Frozen Coils – Coils freeze when airflow is restricted. This is sometimes a result of a dirty unit or fan and refrigerant issues.
- Fan Malfunctions – The outside fan of your air conditioner brings the air from outside, indoors. If that fan is not operating correctly, your air conditioner’s compressor might not function as it should.
For more information about common air conditioner problems or to schedule service or a tune up contact Royal Air Heating & Air Conditioning online or call us at (732)409-3322. We will be sure your air conditioner is ready to perform when the warm weather arrives.